Ferrovial: Reality through virtual reality
The main challenge of this project is to plan and visualize a construction and its different sections before starting the construction or manufacture of the piece, during the process to control the status of each section and at the end of the process to compare results.
The Evergine graphics engine has been used to create a set of tools in desktop systems and in Virtual Reality environments that faithfully, proportionally, and functionally represent the content offered by the openBIM standard. It increases the user’s immersion allowing navigation and manipulation in Virtual Reality environments as if they were really working with elements already built in reality.
- Support of the openBIM standard for the transfer of information.
- 3D and 360º representation of the models both on the computer screen and in the virtual reality glasses.
- Navigation in real-time through the different sections of the building, pieces, rooms, spaces, factories…
- Hierarchical structure of the components allows greater focus on the sections that are most important for the current context.
- Layered architecture that allows the building of new behaviors on the entities while maintaining compatibility.