What role does Artificial Intelligence play in the Metaverse?
The Metaverse offers a new environment where you can work, play, communicate or shop without leaving home. It is a fusion of multiple technologies such as blockchain, 3D animation, IoT, and extended reality.
This ensemble has the potential to integrate both the real and digital worlds, and artificial intelligence has a significant impact on its development. We analyze how and the most relevant use cases.
Why does the Metaverse need Artificial Intelligence?
The Metaverse has become one of the most important emerging technologies of the moment; therefore, companies should consider this universe as a platform for innovation and creativity. At this point, it is imperative to harness the power of AI to create new products and services that enhance the customer experience and give a competitive advantage.
Artificial intelligence will play a crucial role in the inclusiveness and accessibility of the Metaverse to make it more functional and user-friendly. It enables computers to make independent decisions through machine learning, thereby supporting the Metaverse’s functions from a business and product perspective and taking into account users’ needs.
With the help of NPL, speech recognition, Computer Vision, or real-time translation, users will interact in the Metaverse in their native language and get a better user experience. Therefore, AI will be a fundamental pillar in the Metaverse in numerous ways.
AI Use Cases in the Metaverse
The marriage of virtual worlds and artificial intelligence unlocks new layers of authenticity and use cases that bring the Metaverse closer to how it was initially conceived. Some examples of use cases are:
- More accurate avatar creation: users are the Metaverse’s protagonists, and their avatar’s accuracy will determine their experience. An AI-driven graphics engine can analyze 2D images of users or scan them in 3D to generate a much more realistic representation.
- Digital humans: although they may look like replicas of people by name, they are 3D versions of chatbots that respond and react to users’ actions within the Metaverse.
- Multilingual accessibility: this is one of the main aspects AI would help, thanks to natural language processing. AI can break down a language, parse it, arrive at an answer, convert the results to that language and send it to the user. All in a fraction of a second, simulating a real conversation.
- Global expansion at scale: AI feeds on historical data, learns from it, and generates its own, so your results will improve with fresh inputs, human feedback, and machine learning reinforcement. This is critical to driving the scalability of the Metaverse, as new worlds can be added without direct human intervention.
- More realistic interface: AI reads and predicts electrical and muscle patterns to learn how the user would like to move within the Metaverse, as well as helping to recreate the sense of touch in virtual reality.
AI and Metaverse: Business Applications
Artificial intelligence applications have become a must-have element in more and more business strategies. In fact, in a survey conducted by McKinsey, 50% of respondents said they use AI in their companies for at least one business function.
Also, regarding consumer-facing applications, AI has become very important through facial recognition, natural language processing, and faster computing. Therefore, it was only a matter of time before it was applied to build smarter immersive worlds such as the Metaverse, make better decisions or automate processes. Here is a list of its most important applications:
- AIOps: AI-powered operations allow companies to manage their IT infrastructure in the Metaverse to predict outages and identify problems as they occur.
- Chatbots: within the Metaverse are very useful when applied to marketing, customer service, and sales. They can also provide information about specific virtual products or services.
- Digital twins: companies can create a digital representation of themselves within the Metaverse to predict problems, which will help them deal with them in the real world.
- Digital resources: One of the Metaverse’s significant advantages is that users and companies can store and exchange assets. Applied to business, they can trade cryptocurrencies in exchange for goods in this new universe.
Without artificial intelligence, it is virtually impossible to create an engaging, authentic and scalable metaverse experience. At the Evergine team, we are working to achieve the best immersive experiences, so if you want to know more, don’t hesitate to contact us!